Sunday, August 10, 2008

Doesn't this sound good?



This is what I'm currently reading. This is a book that you will need something to write with and some paper. I'm only in the beginning chapters..there is a study guide at the end of the book, I believe it's a 14 week bible study. It's ironic to read and to think about all the "Martha's" out there---and how I'm am one of them. Hmmmmm.

Create in me a clean heart, O God;
and renew a right spirit within me.
Psalm 51:10

A--Admit your need (Romans 3:23)
B--Believe in Christ (Acts 16:31)
C--Commit your life to following HIM (John 1:12)

Which Pharisee are you?

1. Shoulder Pharisee, who meticulously followed the Law but wore his good deeds on
his shoulder to be seen of men.

2. Wait-a-Little Pharisee, always able to offer a valid excuse for putting off
doing a good deed. He spoke, but he did not do.

3. Bruised or Bleeding Pharisee, so intent on avoiding evil that whenever a woman
approached, he would close his eyes and therfore run into things. He then
displayed the bruises to prove his piety.

4. Humpbacked or Tumbling Pharisee, so determined to look humble that he bent
completely over, shuffled his feet and often tripped over obstacles.

5. Ever-Reckoning or Compounding Pharisee, forever counting up his good deeds in
the belief that each one put God further in his debt.

6. Timid or Fearing Pharisee, always in dread of divine punishment, constantly
cleaning the outside of the cup and the platter in an attempt to escape God's
wrath.

7. God-Fearing Pharisee, defined by the jews themselves as one who found delight
rather than drudgery in obeying God's Law no matter how difficult it might be.

This can be found in chapter 2.

I agree with the author, I too, have been one or more of the above pharisee's at one point in time.

ok, I'm off to take care of my sick child---I guess he's got what they call the 24 hour virus. I've been blessed to have healthy children for pretty much of their young life--but ocassionaly--they get the blah's. Hope you all have a great week! I'll let you know how the next few chapters go of this awesome book I'm reading.

No comments: