Sunday, September 7, 2008

We are ready


Josh's arm is MUCH better and we've ditched the sling. Although, it's still tender, he's a warrior and he's ready to hit the field. It's amazing how rough football is for these kids and how much emphasis the coaches put on the kiddo's. Back in the days from pee-wee football, where every kiddo got to play...it's totally different when they start playing for the school. Basically, there can be a roster of 50 kids and only 20 or so will end playing for the year. I had to get this lesson from Joe. It's sad to see these kids on the sideline just itching to get on that field and such passion in their heart, and never get a minute of play time. UGH---just breaks my heart. The first game is Tuesday, I will post some pics of the first game soon.

1 comment:

pam said...

I think that mother's of football playing boys are very strong to watch their sons get tossed around as the smash into each other. I would be cringing so much I'm sure I would come away with jaw strain. Glad your son is better.