Sunday, September 20, 2009

Plano Balloon Festival

Yesterday, I volunteered at the annual balloon festival. The company I work for does A LOT of volunteering throughout the community, well actually worldwide, but for me, right here at home. For a few hours of my time, in return, I get a free three day pass, free three day parking pass and all the fun you could ask for. Can you believe that you can take off in one of these for $250.00. Not sure how long the ride would be.

Usually the balloons launch at sunrise, but didn't yesterday for some reason. They waited until evening to launch oh about 15/20 balloons. We would've stayed but I was oh so ready to get outta there. The crowds were overwhelming. But I did manage to snap a picture of one that was taking off as we were leaving.


Josh just looks so thrilled to be there...doesn't he? He was ready to go about this time as well.


Maybe next year I will get better shots of all balloons.

3 comments:

pam said...

I would love to go see a bunch of balloons....Someday I hope to ride in one.

Beth E. said...

Sounds like a fun, but exhausting day! I liked the picture!

Anonymous said...

i am one of THE LURKERS - the harmless variety- i just love hearing how others live. i love your picture of your puppy on the header. he looks just my angel who i had to have put down after 13 yrs- (i'm still not over it) seeing yours playing in the bluebonnets- my first thought is "that is what heaven looks like--- texas!!!) thanks for making me smile