Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Oh how I love this boy



I can definitely say that we've reached the teen-age years with this one!

At 13, this amazing child has so much energy and all of a sudden realized "he knows it all". "We now no longer know what's best for him."

Also with new found realization, he is now not sure about his "spiritual life".



I've always been in real fine tune with Jacob, he's just always had a special light about him. It hurts to listen to him talk about how God doesn't care about him, God doesn't love him, and God no longer answers his prayers. I want to yell out...yes he does....YES HE DOES! We've noticed that Jacob is losing respect over EVERYONE. We are talking about my baby, who would kneel with a friend and tell him "everything will be ok". Were talking about my baby who found a dying bird, brought it inside and prayed over it and was heartbroken for days when it didn't survive.

We've deleted all of his choice of music on his Ipod. We have yet to take aways his only passion for the time being and that his is skateboard. He no longer cares about school or his teachers and thinks everyone is out to get him We've talked to his teachers & counselors. They don't know what is happening to Jacob....and neither do we. But, what I won't allow his Satan to steal my child from me and his joy.

If you find time, will you please say a prayer and ask God to lift this child up to Him?

(Making phone calls to find the BEST professional and spiritual help I can find)


Thank you and God Bless you,

5 comments:

More Than Words said...

Jennifer..I will be praying for him. I can imagine how frustrated and sad this makes you. You're right, satan is out to kill, steal, and destroy. This is all a spiritual battle.

luvmy4sons said...

Oh sweet sister. I SO understand. These teen years are hard. The hormones and all..it can be so scary. We too have just had a serious incident with our 15 year old that has left us shaking and also seeking help. You are not alone.

Jesus,

You see this precious boy. You know him intimately . Thank you for his life. Thank you for his parents. We ask for wisdom. We pray for guidance. We beseech Thee for protection. Surround this young man with your angels. Guard him from the enemy. Open his eyes to truth. Help him to hear your voice. Fill him with the knowledge of Your will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. We ask Your touch and Your blessing upon him and his entire family. We trust You to provide the resources and show the way. In Your name, Lord Jesus, Amen.

If you would keep my son in your payers as well it would be much appreciated. Thanks! Love always in Christ, Leslie

Beth E. said...

Oh, Jennifer...I understand. We went through a terrible time with our oldest son. Never forget that as much as you love Jacob, God loves him EVEN MORE. I know that with God's help, Jacob will get through this.

I will definitely be praying. In fact, I would like to send you a book. It is a mother's prayer book for almost every situation in our children's lives. Would you please email your address to me?

Hugs,
Beth

Daphine said...

Hey friend!
It's definitely time to have that lunch soon!

Unfortunately, when raising kiddos, none of us will escape the difficult teenage years. Morgan is such a good kid, but we have our moments! WOW!

I will definitely start praying for Jacob! If you haven't "The Power of Praying Mother", I would suggest getting a copy of it. I also just finished reading this book called, "When Your Teen Is Struggling" by Mark Gregston. It is an awesome book to have in your library! It gave us insight to a whole lot we never would have thought of!

In fact, you should visit this man's website. He lives in Texas. I have printed lots of materials and articles from his site. I could go on and on...

Let's do lunch soon!

Kristina said...

Jennifer...thanks for finding time to read my heart..xox
Want to say, hang in there...you may have to let him go and trust that God will keep him safe as he wanders...
I went through this as a teen, I was so very lost and angry for so long...eventually, 15 years later, I found my way back, it had to be on my own time though. I can say that the more my parents pushed and pleaded with me,the further i drifted...the more they tried to make me go to church and do what was right, the more i rebelled.
as scary as letting go feels, its the only thing that works xox
trust me...i was once your son.
he will ALWAYS be God's son, and he will remember this in time.
Let Go and Let God do the rest, all things come full circle in time.
Kindest Regards...
Mama Kris ;~)