Sunday, July 26, 2009

Do you have the full armor on?

HELMET OF SALVATION



Hebrews 4:16 NLT. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious GOD. There we will receive His mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it.

BREASTPLATE OF SALVATION

James 2:24 NLT. So you see, we are made right with GOD by what we do, not by faith alone.

BELT OF TRUTH

Psalms 25:5 NLT. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the GOD who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

Make sure you're prepared with the armor of God at all times.

As I've said in my previous posts', we've been attending a spiritual warfare bible study for about 8 weeks now. No book was bought, only the Bible, pen and paper were needed. Each Thursday was broken down into a certain topic. This Thursday, it will be about "spiritual house cleaning".
This bible study has surfaced some buried negativity and so much other stuff that I did not ever want to see again or talk about. I've been praying for spiritual cleansing and boy has God had a number with me. I didn't even realize I had this much "junk" within me. Carrying this around with me, I realize I've missed so many blessings God had for me and well it hurts. I cannot think of any better word to describe the pain of disappointing my father. But, I know that my father is proud of me that I'm finally understanding....I'm so glad he never gave up on me. It's still a struggle everyday and I realize that Satan is ready to take a stab at me...but with my armor on and ready, he'll have to go through God first.

I thank God everyday for a new day..another day to thank him for ALL that HE has given me & will give me and that at the age of 38, I'm finally realizing that He put me here for a purpose and now I need to find that purpose and walk in that purpose.

Praising Him and holding on to Him like never before~~

No comments: