Friday, July 17, 2009

Finally....

we made it to Six Flags. A whole day of it in the 100 degree heat. The best part about it...no lines. Get on...get off...get back on....we did this all day long.

I can tell going to Six Flags isn't the same as back in the day.....At one point I found my self sitting in some shade while the kids ventured out to ride this....

and this....

There were quite a few other rides, but I was so blessed to ride them too, even the ones that go upside down...oh my word.
But seriously though, I did enjoy the day with my oldest and his "friend" Marina.
I know that my days being able to take them places will soon come to an end, they will want to travel to places like this with their friends and not have mom tag along. (sigh) A few more pics....



Now I have to go rest my feet because tomorrow is Jacob's 13th birthday and he wants to go shopping to pick out his gifts....so that we will do.

Oh yeah, we had one of those little gadgets that tells you how may miles you walk...guess what?? Today, I walked 17 miles.....calgon here I come!!

4 comments:

pam said...

You're a brave woman to get on rides there...and you Jennifer...you just never know how kids will be as they get older...sometimes they surprise you and want to hang out...

Beth E. said...

I can't get on rides at all...never cared for them when I was growing up, but I have vertigo now. So...

Tell your son that his "friend" sure it cute!

Happy birthday, Jacob!

Daphine said...

Are you kidding me??? WOW! Well, hopefully there will still be no lines in August when we venture out there! We're taking a week off for vacation in August and of course, this is one of the places the rest of the family feels we HAVE to visit. Glad you guys had a great time! Great shots too!

Daphine said...

Happy Birthdya to Jacob today!!!