Monday, August 3, 2009

Comfort Food

What is your favorite comfort food?

Today, the boys' went to spend the evening with their grandmother and will return tomorrow. So, that left me thinking....should hubby & I sneak away for a dinner date or what?? So, as I started to think....about what and where we could go...I came up with an awesome idea...comfort food.

I started thinking..hmmmm chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and rolls with tons of butter....but then I reeally started thinking...big ol pot of pinto beans, fried potatoes and some sweet cornbread.....




well guess what won??? We had dinner at home and oh how I enjoyed it. It's not very often that we get to have this for a meal as the boy's just don't understand how anyone could make a meal out of beans & cornbread.

So, I'm interested in hearing what is your favorite comfort food.

5 comments:

Beth E. said...

Yummm...that is MY kind of food, most definitely! BUT, none of my guys like beans and cornbread. I'll cook it for myself, sometimes, but it usually goes to waste before I can eat it all. There's only so many days one can eat beans before the family stages a mutiny! LOL I've heard you can freeze beans...have you ever tried that? By the way, your potatoes look delicious!

Next time you fix beans, fried potatoes, and cornbread be sure to give me a call! ;-)

pam said...

That looks great...that is one of the perks of the empty nest...we can eat what we want and it doesn't have to make sense to any children. :o) I would probably have to say creamy Mac n Cheese...but it has to have a crunchy buttery topping...none of my children like that part.

luvmy4sons said...

Chocolate. Got to be chocolate!

LISACPARSONS said...

That dinner looked yummy! I love Pinto Beans but am too lazy to make them. I also looove Kraft Deluxe Mac and Cheese. So yummy and super easy and fast to make!!! That is a dinner in itself!

Daphine said...

Hmmmmm....BB Vanilla Icecream!