Saturday, August 29, 2009

Whole lot of a little bit

Whew!! We got the first week of back to school behind us, all the school supplies bought and we're getting the routine down..I think.

Now that Josh is in high school, we stirring around here at oh about 5:20 in the morning. He has to be at school and in his first class by 7:20AM. They start early around here. Here they alternate days, they have "A" days and "B" days. A days he has Algebra, English and World Geography. B days he has Biology, Keyboarding and Computer Graphics. And each day he closes out with 3.5 hours of football. He doesn't have time to make time. But, don't get me wrong..he's loving it thus far. Ask me in two weeks and I'll let you know if he's changed his mind-ha!

Jacob is in his last year of middle school, so it's pretty much the same. Poor thing, he is so ready for a new environment. But, he is excited to be in the mix of all his school friends, again.

So, how many of you are keeping up with this young lady that was kidnapped at 11? It is HEARTBREAKING.....and I can't even fathom what her parents are going through. And, her own daughters....it's just sad!

My mom called me last night to tell me that my grandmother is in the beginning stages of Dementia. That's a whole "nother" post for later. Please pray for my grandmother and my mother as she journey's down this path. Thankfully, my mom has siblings that help & support one another.

Let's see....what else...I have so much to say....but since it's 1:30 in the morning, I'll stop here.


Have a great weekend~~

3 comments:

pam said...

Ahhh, high school...such fun years for us, even though we were looking through the glass from a girl perspective. Course in our world the drama was also QUITE HIGH...wonder if it's at all like that with most boys. And busy boys don't get in as much trouble....so say all my friends with boys. :o)

As I head out to mow I'll be asking God how to pray for your family. We have dealt with the dementia issue...hard and sad...

Silly thought...but I kind of miss buying school supplies. I'm no where near a perfection or an obsessive type but I LOVED all the fresh new supplies we would buy for the girls.

Hope you have a grand weekend.

Beth E. said...

I hope your sons have a great year at school!

I'm sorry about your grandmother. I'm saying a prayer for her and your family right now.

Blessings,
Beth

Daphine said...

Hope school is going well for you guys!