Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day


And now, O Lord, you are our Father, and we are clay and you are our maker, and we ALL are the works of your hand.
Isaiah 64:8


I want to wish all the "fathers" a Happy Father's Day!

First, my heavenly Father, who loves me and gives me more chances than I've ever deserved. One, who picks me up every time I fall to my knees and removes the tears from my eyes and heart. One, who continues to BLESS me each and every waking day. One, who replaces fear, anger, and hurt with peace, forgiveness, and love. One, who gives me JOY each and every day. One, who allows me to come to him at any time of the day or night. One, who hears my heart. I'm so thankful that I know who my GOD is and that he LOVES me so very unconditional, even tho I am so undeserving of HIS love.






Secondly, my earthly father, dad. Being an only child, I depended on my dad a lot when I was younger. My mom was always in school, so it seemed anyway, and my dad was the one that was always home first and started dinner. My dad is the one who always found a way to get my whatever I wanted. I remember a lot about my dad, especially during my younger years. I can remember going to work with my dad, instead of going to "day care"..because I didn't want to go. I can remember my dad asking me what I wanted for lunch every day. I thought it was so cool, because my dad would always go to Tom Thumb and get me a pickle from the deli...everyday. I can remember going to the Golden Gloves Boxing tournaments and eating nachos and having to put my nachos under my chair so that "the peppers could cool off". I can remember going boating on Lake Texoma every weekend and my dad teaching me how to water-ski..I thought I would never learn. I can remember going deer-hunting with my dad, and having to be so quiet, you could hear a pin drop. To me, that wasn't fun. Out in the wilderness and having to be quiet....never understood that as a kid. I remember a lot about my dad.
I've seen my dad cry once, and that was the day I said good-bye to my daughter. I will never...ever...ever...forget that! Today, my dad, a grandfather, who likes to be called "pa Richard", enjoys his time with his grandsons and cannot wait to take them deer-hunting this fall. I love you, dad!



and then Joe,
I know our sons love this man more than life itself. Our children look up to their father for everything! From day one, Joe has been their to help bring them into the world, he was the first to hold them, change them, stroke their little head and of course they got their "first kiss" from their dad. Rocking, holding, cuddling, changing, feeding, loving, tickling, tucking them into bed, sleepless nights, going for drives in the middle of the night to stop them from crying, working long hours, taking them for walks, taking them to get their first bikes, teaching them to play basketball, football, showing them how to pray the Rosary, teaching them their prayers, teaching them about forgiveness--I could go on and on and on.

It's hard to find a "dad" these days that will accept their children for who they are and not "what" they are. To love "unconditionally" as our heavenly father does. Our dad's have BIG shoes to fill and even though they come far from it, THEY do an excellent job of trying. Thank you Joe for your HARD work and LONG HOURS you put in to be Joshua & Jacob's earthly father. I love you.

And Grandpa Joe, who is with Jesus. A provider until he left this earth. Boy, how Joshua and Jacob miss him. Though he may not have been around to enjoy all the "first's", he believed in providing for his family, and that he did! He had high expections and he made sure he fulfilled those. The day he found out he was going to be a grandfather, he started making BIG plans. He made sure he took off work early every Friday to take the boy's to Chuck E Cheese...he made sure they were both happy before anyone else. Josh & Jacob keep his memory alive and he we know he lives through Johsua aka JR. We love and miss you grandpa.

No comments: