Thursday, March 26, 2009

Do you have one of these?



I'm in the market for a new washer. If you have a frontloader, do you like it? For the most part, I hear they are wonderful but oooh so expensive. So far, I like that they only take 8 gallons of water vs the 40 gallons from a top loader. I don't need a new dryer just yet, but I figure it will be better if I get the set. My mom has a set and truly loves it....hmmm what to do...what to do.

Well, it almost Friday, thank goodness. I'm starting a project this weekend. I'll take a few pictures and share with ya what I'm doing. (hint...it has to do with sewing.HA!) I love looking at all the handcrafted things on Ebay & Etsy. Especially, all the monongrammed stuff.

More to come.......

3 comments:

pam said...

I think you should do lots of research and then share the whole process...cause I'm going to need to make the same decision in the next few months. :o)

Mine are fine but we decided to give them to our girls who will be living together soon. So far all I know is that friends with front loaders really believe they get clothes cleaner (not sure why). One friend whose husband is a farmer said even he noticed that his clothes seemed cleaner. Pretty amazing.
I wonder how long it takes to offset the higher price with lower water bills...our water is so cheap here. But then to hug a tree we should save water and not waste...hmmmm. Not sure what to do. So feel free to research away. :o)

Beth E. said...

I still have the washer and dryer I've had for years and years...so, I can't be of any help to you...sorry!

Keep us all posted on your research, please. I'll be interested in what you find out.

Blessings...

Daphine said...

Nope, I still have the really old versions. I'm not complaining at all and hope that they last me for a few more years to come.

Let us know what you get....