Friday, November 7, 2008

This is AWESOME

I came across this on Crosswalk.com...Pretty neat!

The Five Finger Prayer

It is sometimes helpful to have a plan to follow when praying. The "Five Finger Prayer" is a simple but effective pattern of prayer:

The thumb is nearest you. So begin praying for those closest to you.

The pointing finger is next. Pray for those who instruct, teach, and heal, including teachers, doctors, and ministers who point others to God.

The tallest finger reminds us to pray for leaders -- men and women in places of influence such as our President, business leaders, your boss -- anyone in power.

The ring finger is the perfect reminder to pray for those who are weak, in trouble or in pain.

The little finger reminds you to pray for yourself.

(Author unknown)

4 comments:

Beth E. said...

I used this prayer when my kids were little....it's a great one!

Sassy in Texas said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am trying to be better at this blogging thing...just seems sometimes there are not enough hours in the day...ya know? That and our lives seem so ordinary...LOL.

I can't wait to get started on the "Mo Project"...she is my creative hero! :)

Take care; I'll "see" ya around.

HUGS!

Tonya said...

Hey, that's AWESOME, Jennifer! Thanks for sharing! Now, if I can only remember..... O:-)

Have a GREAT weekend!

luvmy4sons said...

Anything that helps you pray is good! Been missing you around my place. Hugs to you!