Sunday, December 28, 2008

Goodbye 2008---Welcome 2009

I had my post all typed out and ready to hit the "publish" button and bam...lost it all. UGH! Ok, so this will be a shortened version..HA!

Hoping that you all had a wonderful Christmas. We did. After all the running around, last minute shopping, eating, eating and more eating, spending time with family and friends, it's time to prepare for a New Year.

I'm starting two bible studies in January. 1. At Jesus' feet and 2. Esther, which is about a woman from the Old Testament, I believe...still reading up on this one.

I've downloaded lots n lots of new songs on my Ipod and I'm ready to get back to walking and praising. I must admit that I haven't been spending time with my Lord & Savior like I should be. Although, I will say that I'm getting better at it.

Got a quick question before I attempt to hit the "publish" button again. I'm wanting to purchase a bible for myself, yes, I've got several, but I'm looking for one that is a women's devotional type bible. Might you be able to refer me to a good one?

One more thing.....I've been reading a lot of blogs lately that are asking for prayer. Please know that I'm praying for ALL of you.

Wishing you and your family a Happy & Prosperous New Year.

9 comments:

Daphine said...

Hey friend! Love the title of this post since it is EXACTLY the way I am feeling about now.

I have many bibles that I read from. However, my favorite one is "The Woman's Devotional Bible" by Zondervan. It's a NIV and I love it! I have studied Esther before. Great book in the bible. I am sure you will love it too!

I made a committment months ago to read from the bible on a daily basis. I am proud to say that I have maintained it for months now. It's the first thing I do when I get up in the morning. I praise God for giving me the energy to hop right out of bed each morning and accomplishing this. Okay...I'm rambling.

By the way, I did get the "Shack" for Christmas. So, I will be reading it soon.

Have a great week!

Beth E. said...

Good for you! Sounds like you are getting off to a great start for the new year.

I don't have a favorite devotional Bible, so I can't help you with that one...sorry.

Blessings to you!

Sheryl said...

Hi there, thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Don't you just love it when people leave one? I am very much looking forward to 2009. Cannot wait to see what God is doing. Also will be doing the study of Esther!!

I'll come back for a visit,
Sheryl

Susan said...

Hey Jennifer,

Sounds like you are on a very good start for your new year!

I'm going to follow suit. I need to walk, prayer and praise.

Did you get Hillsong's new CD yet?

I'll be doing a study on the Psalms in January with Beth Moore. We'll do Esther after.

Blessings to you my friend♥

Susan said...

We're doing Esther at church, too. I hadn't decided if I was going to or not, but since so many of my blogging friends are, I think I may.

Thanks for stopping by!

Susan (Lila)

pam said...

Technology--sometimes it is a wonder, sometimes it makes me wonder---"WHERE MY SANITY HAS GONE". I can't believe it's almost 2009. I'm hungry for a Bible study--my last little group of ladies kind of faded out. Happy and Blessed New Year Jennifer!

luvmy4sons said...

Thanks for your comment and contribution to my hair discussion. I looked at your son's hair more closely this visit. And I say big hug to you sister! I LOVE the Life Application Bible...it comes in all versions by Zondervan! It saved my life! Truly!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer I hope you and your family have a wonderful New Year! It sounds like you have a couple great plans in place already! Go you! :D Looking forward to reading more of your adventures in 2009! :)

Beth E. said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes...AND the song! :o)