Monday, January 26, 2009

It's always something...

Although, I don't like to talk politics too much, especially here...I'm just totally amazed at how people are voted into cabinet.

Check it out....the guy that just took oath as our treasurer...obviosly has some issues PAYIHNG HIS OWN TAXES.

WASHINGTON - Treasury Secretary-designate Timothy Geithner said Wednesday he was careless in failing to pay $34,000 in Social Security and Medicare taxes earlier this decade but declared "I have paid what I owed" and apologized to Congress.
He told the Senate Finance Committee he was sorry that his past transgressions were now an issue in his confirmation at a time of deepening economic distress. He urged Congress to act quickly and forcibly to deal with the crisis. A top administration priority is to foster economic recovery and "get credit flowing again," Geithner testified.

As to his failure to pay payroll taxes from 2001 to 2004 while he worked for the International Monetary Fund, Geithner said: "These were careless mistakes. They were avoidable mistakes."

"But they were unintentional," he said. "I should have been more careful."

WOW------I'm just amazed at how our country is run. Pretty pathetic.

Sad...just sad. What we know the American Dream is now becoming the Lost Dream, right before our eyes. Enough said.

5 comments:

Beth E. said...

Hubby and I are "amazed" too. :-p

pam said...

If that had been my husband and I we would be in SUCH BIG TROUBLE....but not him. Double standard...way to set an example.

Daphine said...

I couldn't have said it any better than you stated. Yep, pretty sad!!

Anonymous said...

I am amazed too. What a news!

luvmy4sons said...

I am so glad that God is in control of it all and not men!