Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A little this and a little that

I'm so thankful that I'm healed....I'm back to 95% of myself. Thank you GOD. As I sit here, listening to my Ipod, I thank HIM so much for everything in my life. The good, the bad and the unknown.

I'm learning, learning a lot a matter of fact. I'm reading, reading a lot, the Bible that is. In talking to one of the deacons of our church not too long ago, he told me about "thanking HIM" for all of my blessings...even the ones that HE has yet blessed me with. I've never done that...never. I've never thanked GOD for the BLESSINGS he will give me....tomorrow, month's or even years. I've always known to thank HIM for what I have..for what I currently have. Does this make any sense?

Well, this year, I wanted to make it a Holy year. A Holy New year. So far, so good. I'm learning how to pray. I'm learning how to pray HIS will. I'm learning to praise HIM. I'm praying that HIS glory will reign on me. I'm totally surrendering to HIM. I'm in the crowd waiving my white flag. I'm on my knees, asking for forgiveness, asking HIM to forgive me of all my sins, all my unfinished tasks, all my commitments that are not being met....I tell you everything, everything that does not bring glory to HIM. And, I can tell you that my heart is sooo heavy, I cry every day, it's amazing and I have no words to express how it feels other than it feels like I'm no longer suffocating. I'm learning to let go and to let GOD. The Holy Spirit has just taken off within me. I'm learning that as long as I nourish my spirit, then my soul takes care of my body. It's funny how it works. I see people taking care of their body..running, walking, dieting, but then I wonder, how are they taking care of their spirit? I think I had it backwards. When GOD calls me home, it won't matter what my body looks like, but it will matter what my spirit is like. My thoughts are exchanged for God's desires..I've got to start surrendering my priorities to God's priorities. God's will is my perfect blessing. So, with all this said, I'm repairing my spirit then adjusting.

3 comments:

Daphine said...

Glad you're feeling better friend!

I've learned a lot myself over the last few months. There's nothing else as fulfilling as being filled with His Word daily and letting it penetrate through our heart and renewing our minds. This was a beautiful post! Love the "let go and let God." Awesome!!

pam said...

I LOVED THIS POST!!!!! I've been a prayer freak for YEARS...gone to a lot of conferences, prayed with a lot of "wise" older people...learned a lot. I remember when I heard someone end their prayer time by thanking God for answers not yet seen...it was a proclamation of faith. Even if the answers weren't exactly what I expected I could trust that He had heard and answers were on there way. So cool. Oh and thanking God for everything...not just what I would have thought of as blessings. Blessings come from positive and negative times...getting in the habit of thanking Him for ALL things was another WOW moment for me.
Jennifer I really do love this post...it's so exciting to hear of God moving in others. I'm celebrating with you!!!!!!

luvmy4sons said...

"You will find me if you seek me with all of your heart..."-sounds like you are well on your way...